NEW WEBSITE illinoisbowling.net
Final Rankings: Update: After deliberation, Jefferson was moved ahead of Lockport, as top three finishers must be same as state finish, given the fact that they brought home hardware stating so.
1. Waubonsie Valley (3): A 6,435 on Saturday gave the Warriors the state title after starting the day in third place.
2. Oswego East (1): After seven straight wins, the Wolves had to settle for second, making it the second straight year two teams from same sectional went 1-2, with the sectional champ coming up short.
3. Jefferson (8): Should have known the hometown team would shine at state, as J-Hawks grabbed third at state and came on strong last two weeks of the year.
4. Lockport (2): Porters struggled to strike Saturday and had too many splits, which led them to a fourth-place finish.
5. Salem (10): Hoping to match the state run the boys had after winning Mt. Vernon Sectional.
6. Harlem (6): Could never quite get it going at state, settling for sixth.
7. Leyden (7): Eagles had a solid showing at state, placing seventh, continuing their strong surge in recent years.
8. Collinsville (5): Never seriously threatened at state, grabbing eighth.
9. Minooka (4): Indians struggled down the stretch. The Strikefest champions peaked too soon and finished 14th in state.
10. O’Fallon (11): Had an up-and-down weekend at state before placing ninth.
11. Joliet West (12): Second straight year with an all-state bowler now will be looking to bring the whole team to state next year.
12. Freeport (13): Pretzels finished season at sectionals, but finished third to two top-six teams.
13. Sterling (-): Began the season in the rankings and ended that way after taking 10th in the state.
14. Mt. Prospect (-): Lose three seniors from a team that took 11th in the state and improved throughout the year.
15. Lake Park (-): Lancers had their moments this year and at state before struggling day two and finished 12th in state.